Sunday, June 13, 2010

Surrounded By Love

On Thursday evening, Papa brought Nonnie home to be with family in the comfort of her own home. She was so happy to be home and loved seeing all of the beautiful changes around the house. We were able to put her in a wheelchair and show her the new landscaping, the kids rooms and the gazebo Papa built especially for her.

Nonnie was feeling quite well all day on Friday and was able to spend time visiting with family and friends. The rest of our Oregon family made it down on Friday night and her sister Carol and Tony arrived yesterday afternoon. Several families have been very generous and have provided wonderful fruit bouquets and delicious meals for us.

There have been so many heart-touching moments and conversations over the last couple of days. Nonnie had a talk with all of the grandkids and she had them promise her to be strong and to take care of Papa. She is surrounded by the love of her family and we are keeping her comfortable until she goes to be with the Lord.

4 comments:

  1. Linda and David: What a wonderful gift it was to be able to spend time with you on Friday. Matty, Maria and I talk about it everyday and marvel at your strength. It has been my honor to share being grandma to our little prize grandchildren. I will carry on and promise to give them tender loving care. Jeff is COMPLETELY honored to be your 'son' and feels your entire family is a gift from
    God. Words will never be able to express how much he loves you but I know he has shown by example. The words that he has written on this blog are priceless. His loyalty to keeping everyone informed so succinctly has made me a very proud mother.
    I love you, Linda and David with all my heart!
    Kathi xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I have always loved you from afar. I have great memories of our childhood times and of granny and grandpa, and your mom and dad.
    We are so blessed that all are "in the Lord".
    If you go home to be with the Lord soon,you will be with them all including your son, daughter in law and grandson. Give all big hugs of love from me. My prayers and love to you and all your family. xxxxoooo your cousin Shirley.
    Jesus said, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me. In My Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that you also may be where I am." John 14:1-3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I wrote a poem for you Linda...

    Love
    Sylvia Cadena



    Nonnie's Garden.....

    Her life is like a garden.
    The soil is her love so very rich and pure.
    Her wisdom are the roots, embedded down deep into the soul.
    Her knowledge is the water of life she finds in Christ.
    Her strength is that of the sun that shines so bright.
    Her husband, children and grandchildren are the fragrances of her heart.
    She stands in awe of every breathtaking color, for she truly has planted the most beautiful garden of life.

    ReplyDelete