Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gaining Momentum

Nonnie has finally strung together a couple of days without a fever. The fevers were likely due to an infection she had, in which the antibiotics were resistant to. Once the antibiotic was changed, she began to feel much better on Tuesday evening. When I spoke with her last night and this afternoon, you can tell she feels 100% better than earlier in the week.

She got the first of two units of platelets that I donated last night, and it boosted her counts by 18,000. This put her well over the goal of 50,000 that Dr. Paquette is trying to maintain. The normal range is between 150,000 and 450,000. My stepmother Linda Nelson drove down from San Luis Obispo this morning and made a donation, followed by a surprise visit to Nonnie.

Papa is bringing the kids down to our house after their games on Saturday, so he can spend the weekend with his beautiful bride.

1 comment:

  1. I so appreciate you Jeff for keeping us informed. You are doing an amazing job.

    Dear Linda,

    All though I may not post please know that I read your post and every time I read it I break down and just cry my heart out to God. I want so many times to just post back but feel so very helpless! what can I possibly say to put a smile on your face and make you feel better? The only thing I can tell you is that I like many others are caring your pain. My heart goes out to you and Dave. Dave is an incredible man!!! Just by reading and hearing my daughter Christina talk about the two of you, you both are amazing people.
    Please know that I am interceding day and night for you physically, spiritually, emotionally!!!! And you will be that testimony of faith, hope and love. You will someday be able to share your story with many others that are hurting in life. You will give to them what God has given to you and that is a faith that does not fail, a hope that keeps you going and a love that endures all.
    Love for family and God is what makes you so very beautiful and strong. When I think of you the scripture Palms 1:3 comes to mind, I used your name instead of HE.

    Linda shall be like a tree
    Planted by the rivers of water,
    That brings forth its fruit in its season,
    Whose leaf also shall not wither;
    And whatever she does shall prosper.

    You are victorious women!!!! and you shall prevail!!!!

    In his love
    Sylvia Cadena

    ReplyDelete