Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Making Progress

Since the weekend, there have been significant improvements in Nonnie's recovery. She is finally able to get more calories down by drinking Odwalla vanilla protein shakes. She continues to receive platelets on a daily basis in order to maintain the counts at or near 50,000. Even though she is still having fevers, her counts are not dropping to an unsafe level.

As of this afternoon, we learned that both her white and red blood counts are on the rise! The doctors are encouraged by this news, which indicates that her bone marrow is starting to produce again. There are no "blasts" visible in the blood draw and a bone marrow biopsy will be taken to confirm the effectiveness of this last treatment.

If things continue to go according to plan, the doctors told us today that Nonnie will undergo the same treatment again starting in two weeks. After that, they would then go into the "transplant" mode which includes typing and finding a donor for a bone marrow transplant.

3 comments:

  1. Praise God! Please comfort and give her strength; hold her in your arms, whisper Your loving kindness to her heart and continue to bless and keep all those surrounding her with care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy!!!!!


    Linda and Family
    I wanted to share a piece of what I read in my devotional this morning (read below). Please know that even if you feel you can't move on we are all carrying you so that you will move on. We are fighting the fight for you through prayer, faith and hope.

    Love
    Sylvia



    TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
    "…you have stayed long enough at this mountain"
    (Duet 1:6, NIV)


    You've been where you are long enough. God is saying, "This is a new day. Get your fire back. Where you are is not where you're supposed to stay." If you'll be determined to move past your mountain, He will lead you and empower you to live in favor and blessing in every area of your life!


    A PRAYER FOR TODAY
    Heavenly Father, I give to You every area of my heart. I give You my questions, my disappointments, my doubts and fears. I choose to trade my sorrow for Your joy. I choose to press past my mountains so I can embrace the promises You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete