Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Battle Continues

As I sit here trying to make sense of today's events, I am having a difficult time trying to collect my thoughts and put it to words. Nonnie and Papa were at the hospital today and learned the results from her bone marrow biopsy. Although she put up a good fight, unfortunately the leukemia is not gone and she is not in remission. What this means, is that she will need to start the "induction" chemotherapy all over again starting next Thursday (reference "The Battle Is On").

As they were leaving the hospital this evening, the staff told her that it is not uncommon for this to happen. I am encouraged that she knows from experience what to expect, and that the same excellent team will be waiting for her. Nonnie and Papa are at home tonight hoping to get caught up on some much needed rest. Let us continue to pray for Nonnie, as she spends Mother's day weekend at home with her family and grandchildren. 

2 comments:

  1. Waiting for today's update, as I do every single night, Jeff just called. I'm speechless. The only thing I know is that you will continue to have the support system and copious prayers as you carry on. All of us will have to accept this temporary disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. May you have the most wonderful Mother's Day in the comfort of your own home, surrounded by all those grandchildren. Motherhood is a noble occupation and you have done it better than most. Enjoy the day.
    Much love,
    Kathi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jeff,
    I have never met you but I could hear the disappointment and discouragement in your blog "voice." What a tough day for all of you/us. Please know that you have been a wonderful help to all of us far away as you have kept us aware of Linda's daily war. I know we will all hunker down as this next phase begins: keeping up the prayers as well as the contact and support for Linda as she battles on. (One battle "lost" but not the war!!)

    ReplyDelete