Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day

Yesterday was a special day for our entire family, as we celebrated Mothers day with Nonnie. There were so many emotions felt throughout the entire day. The kids made a giant welcome home card with personalized messages and pictures attached. You can imagine how emotional that was for Nonnie to read, and equally emotional for us to watch her read them. Kids say the most candid and sweet things that make a persons heart melt, and eyes swell with tears. Perhaps the most touching memory I have, was when Sydnee gave her Nonnie a hug that seemed to last an eternity, as neither wanted to let go. I couldn't help but notice that Lisa and I were simultaneously in tears watching the bond that they share.

Nonnie has always loved to watch the kids, whatever they may be doing. She sat in the backyard for a couple of hours watching all 5 grandkids swim, play baseball, ping pong and have water balloon fights. Papa pulled off an awesome dinner with filet mignon, baked potato, bread, salad and veggies. He topped it off with a yummy strawberry bundt cake served with ice cream. This was a typical weekend day at their house for the last 13 years since I have been with the family! We are all grateful that Nonnie was able to come home for a quick reprieve before going back to battle. We love you Nonnie!

2 comments:

  1. What an incredible, wonderful story! United family, hugs from the little ones and that wonderful handmade card is just what the doctor ordered...by that, I mean...the greatest physician ever known to man...God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. He knows that you needed a respite before you continue through the next phase of treatment. I visited with Matty, Maria and Sofia tonite. Sitting out by the fireplace, Matty and I shared our STEADFAST, FIRM belief that this next treatment will nip this disease in the bud! He was very, very sure about that and wanted me to tell you.
    Oh, and you look adorable in the hat.
    God loves you and so do I!
    Kathi xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad that you got to spend the day with your family. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    xoxoxo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete