Monday, May 11, 2009

Familiar Faces

Over the past several weeks, Nonnie has not had an appetite for anything other than peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. She was able to eat steak and baked potato for dinner the last 2 nights. Lisa went out to visit her mother today, followed by a visit from Mike and Mary. Papa picked up the kids from school as they always have until Mike and Shannon get off work. It was nice to have some normalcy back in their home this afternoon. 

The home health nurse came by to take Nonnie's vital signs and draw blood samples. She felt very good today and is looking forward to tomorrow. Papa is going to get out to do some errands, and since Pam is in town from Lake Havasu, she is coming over to spend time with Nonnie. Remember, it was Pam, Bubbles and Jack that worked together to find the perfect wig for Nonnie. I have had this picture for a few weeks, and I feel it is time to introduce you to "Robert" her hairdresser while Nonnie poses for a picture in her new look.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow Linda you look great! I am in tears reading all the good news and am so happy to hear you are back home with your family!
    This is my Psalms for you today...
    Psalms 146:1-2 "PRAISE the LORD,O my soul! I will praise the LORD while I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
    We will continue in prayer for you as you recover at home and expect good things. I was thinking of our granny and grandpa Byrum this morning and also of your mom and dad. I miss them all!!! Love, Cousin Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,

    I can't even tell that's a wig!!!! I am glad you and Mom got to spend time together today.

    ReplyDelete