Monday, May 4, 2009

Extra, Extra, Read All About It!

There was some incredible news that came out of room 6113 today. Nonnie's blood counts are higher than they have ever been, and still rising! This is what we have been waiting for so she can come home. Papa has started his training on cleaning and flushing her PICC line on a "prop", for when she goes home. Tomorrow is his big day...... he might get to practice on a actual patient that needs this done to give him some confidence. Kenny came by today for a visit. I wonder if Papa impressed him with his new nursing skills?

Papa is going home tomorrow to do his weekly yards and laundry routine. When he comes back on Wednesday, he will need to bring their SUV because they need to start bringing their accumulated items home. At least he can take the carpool back home later in the week...... because his passenger is going to be Nonnie! The doctors said that she is on track and feel confident that she will be strong enough to go home for Mothers Day. The only way to top that news, is to share that Papa got to hug his wife for the first time in over a month today!


7 comments:

  1. Hi Linda:

    YES! You will be home for Mother's Day! That was what you told me you were hoping for when we spoke on the phone today.

    Yes, Kenny was very impressed with Omar's nursing skills. What a guy he is!

    I wish I could have been there today but I sure didnt want to take the risk of passing along anything to you that I might have caught.

    We are SO happy about your elevated blood counts. You go girl!

    We will see you real soon in Riverside.
    Love, ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, Congratulations !!! I'm so happy you get to go home... I'm going to stay away, don't want you to catch anything from me.. xoxo Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anybody that knows me, knows that I can yank tears quicker than anybody on the planet Earth. I am thrilled beyond words to hear this news and mopped up tear of joy to write this. I'm giddy with happiness for you and David and all those that are so dear to you. What a wonderful homecoming on such a meaningful day. Of course, everyday is Mother's Day. You ARE the epitomy of motherhood.
    We are all rejoicing for you and give all the glory to God. We thank HIM for the minds that have come together as a team to give you the best care possible. They must be brilliant. Please thank the staff for all of us. And, where is that picture of Robert! Bless you always and forever.......Kathi xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that you will be home for Mother's Day!! It sounds like the doctor knew what he was talking about--you're right on track! We had such a great visit with you, Omar and the "kids", it made us both feel better to see you looking and feeling so good. Now, I want to see a picture with the wig on :)
    Carol & Tony

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda!!

    What great news that you may be home for Mother's Day!! When you are back home and up for it, maybe Diane and I can come by for a visit? Would love to see you!!

    Hope your day goes as good as the last several!

    Love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah!!!!!!!

    I am so happy that you are coming home, just in time for Mother's Day. What a treat for your entire family. Hopefully when you are feeling up to it, we can see you soon. :)

    Boy, David's nursing skills are pretty impressive!

    XOXOXOXO
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda...I've been monitoring your blog thanks to Diane's info. I'm happy to see how much you're improving. Keep fighting and we'll keep praying. Love ya a bunch...Amy (RCDS & T&C)

    ReplyDelete