Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Change Is Good

These last six weeks have been emotional, uplifting and inspiring to all those who have been following Nonnie's story. It is incredible to see so many people, literally coast to coast, give so many words of encouragement and countless prayers in order to show their love for Nonnie. As she prepares to return to UCLA for her second round of induction chemotherapy, Nonnie wants to thank everyone for their support. 

Whether you have spoken to her in person, over the phone or have been following this blog, I am sure that each of us has changed for the better in some way. Her strength continues to amaze me and I pray that her body responds favorably to this therapy.  

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous Linda! As you prepare for this next round, know that I love you and I am praying for you with my whole whole heart!!! We had a memorial service at my work for my Mom on Monday morning. It was a "practice" for our staff. It has been 15 years since her real service so we had a DVD (you were in a photo - one with your poodle skirts on) we had a celebrant speak about her life and we had flowers and Clayton read a poem. Morgan actually remembered some of the memories.
    xoxo K.Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Linda

    I hope you made it safe and sound into your room at UCLA. I am sure the nurses are treating you well. K.Kay's comment was amazing and brought tears to my eyes. I hope your next round of treatment is a successful one - I am always thinking about you.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete