Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter With Nonnie

Today, our family celebrated Easter like any other year........kids wake up parents early - check, kids rifle through baskets - check, egg hunt - check, breakfast - check, put on Easter clothes - check. The only difference this year was the direction our car would travel to see Nonnie and Papa. We headed north to Los Angeles and made record time. The Asam family also made the journey to meet up with us at UCLA. This was the first time our entire family was together since she went into the hospital.

Dr. De-Vos and his fellow made their rounds prior to our arrival, and they are pleased at how her treatment is going. The only discomfort Nonnie has is the rash that she gets when receiving fresh blood. She is given IV Benadryl to help with the reaction. 

Papa somehow made time to prepare Easter gift bags for the kids. The kids got Nonnie up to speed with all of their activities - school, sports, friends and vacations. It is in these times that you figure out that it does not matter what you are talking about, it is the time you spend with loved ones that really matters. Nonnie appreciates all of the calls and comments of support she is getting and she sends her love to all of you!


5 comments:

  1. Hi My Dear Friend, I am tech challenged; what a hoot of a time I am having sending you a comment as a follower! This is my 3rd attempt!
    David is a ROCK; you are very fortunate to have him by your side. Let me see if this little note gets sent, take care, Bubbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, thanks to Bubbs I was able to get this right after trying last night and this a.m. So glad to see that your family was with you for Easter--good for David to do the Easter bags--Jim would have probably sampled everything. Just wanted to let you know Jim and I are praying for you every day. I remember your comment at our lunch--"I can do this". I know you can--you're tender as they come, but tough too, and with the Lord's help you'll beat this. Remember that scripture in Galatians 2:20: I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me. He will, I know He will. Love, Brenda & Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Linda: Happy belated Easter dear friend!
    You were in our thoughts all day yesterday and we prayed for you to have a very quick recovery. I have NEVER known Kenny to pray until now. Through the love and strength of everyone around you and by the grace of GOD, you will surely beat this thing. We love you and Omar, ~Kathy & Kenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, I've been checking your blog every evening, Jeff is doing a wonderful job, the family pictures are fantastic. Mary e-mailed and said she'd spoken with you and all really was going smoothly for you. Thank God to that..You are in my prayers, Carrie and Ambers too... Love Ya ... XOXO Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda,
    Look at me on the computer!! I didn't do it alone - needed lots of help. So sorry to hear your news. You old retired people have to take better care of yourselves!!
    Hang in there. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    David, if we can help in any way please give me a call.
    All our love,
    Fran, Jack and T&C family

    ReplyDelete