Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Say Goodbye To Yesterday

Whew! We are all so relieved that yesterday has passed and that Nonnie was able to finish strong last night. Papa returned back to the hospital at about 10:30 P.M. and after he made up his bed, they stayed awake talking for quite a while. Dr. De-Vos did his rounds this morning, and he explained that the reaction yesterday was due to her body rejecting the donors' platelets. In the future, a completely new donor will be used to hopefully avoid this from happening again. Thank goodness for all of those people who regularly donate! I feel like a schmuck.

As mentioned yesterday, Pam and Bubbles have been working out the final details for Nonnie's new wig. When Jack Marshall got wind of this effort, he contacted Pam to offer to pay for the new merchandise. After going back and forth, Pam finally gave in when Jack insisted to do this on behalf of Thompson & Colegate. You see, this is the law firm where Nonnie worked for 38 years and where all of the names mentioned above formed these lifelong relationships. I heard that Nonnie began to literally bawl when she heard about this kind gesture. There is still one thing that is interesting to me.......Pam has not worked there in many, many years and yet she gave in. I guess we all know who is still the boss!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jeff, for bringing to my attention that 250 miles and 19 years has not stopped me from obeying Jack. I truly must come out of my shell and stand up for myself. Those T&C ties binds are pretty hard to break.

    Linda and I were having such a delightful laughed-filled conversation and then I told her about the tug-of-war over the wig. She started to cry (Jack, this is all your fault). Now that I think about it, Jack has had you pulling your hair out for years, HE should be the one to buy the wig. Enough about the wig. It will be here tomorrow and on its way to UCLA by the afternoon. Of course, remember our mail travels via Pony Express from Lake Havasu via Las Vegas. Hopefully you will have it by Monday.

    I also picked up a little black "hat". It weighs about an ounce and is perfect, they say, for the hospital. I tried it on and was going to send you a picture, but I was laughing too hard. It reminded me of the year at halloween when I was "Michael Jackson" and you were "Laverne".

    I have sent your blog to friends here in Havasu since I talk about you all the time. I tell them that we have been friends since we were 19 years old and met at T&C. They give me the "deer in the headlights" look and say "oh, you guys are the same age?" I tell them how difficult it has been to be friends with you all these years----since you never seem to age. They all say the same thing---she is beautiful. What a surprise.

    We love you. We will chat soon. We love you too, Jack!

    Diane is trying to help me edit my "follower" and insert a picture. I hate all the little gray blank faces.

    Have a good day. David, keep up the diligent watch over my friend.

    Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe all these comments about Pam and Linda listening to me, no less obeying anything I said. They would talk to me and then do whatever they were wanted to do anyway.
    No more crying! I can't wait to see Linda in that new wig. We always wanted to know what she would look like as a blonde!
    Thanks for your help Pam. All the best,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi to Linda and Omar: It was so good to hear from you last night. I think Omar said Jeff put this blog together, so great work; it's really appreciated for us folks from afar to be in touch.
    Linda you sounded strong on the phone and I believe a strong will is what it's all about! So go for it. Sandy and I will be blog readers and will have you in our prayers from Idaho. Take care and love,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Linda - Hope you are having a better day today.

    How wonderful to know that Jack Marshall is acccommodating your beauty. I kinda of like the blonde thing...... It is great to know that you have kept so many friendships over the years. Everyone is thinking of you and a quick recovery...

    I think we finally are done with snow up in North Idaho. Spring I think has finally arrived. But still a little chilly in the evenings.

    Jeff and Lisa have done a great job with this blog thing.... how nice to keep you in touch with everyone that cares about you.

    luv/hugs to you Chris/Bud

    ReplyDelete