Sunday, April 19, 2009

Papa's Answered Prayer

Papa was feeling very nervous yesterday because Nonnie needed to get a platelet transfusion. He prayed to God that she would not have another adverse reaction. Of course, you don't need to ask how the procedure went because the title says it all! Papa is getting so good at his new role, he is considering starting a second career in nursing. All of us men could only hope to be half as loving and supportive as him.

Mike and Shannon went to visit yesterday afternoon and she is expecting Mike and Mary Carpenter to come by today. I am sure this helps break up the everyday routine of being in the hospital. One last cool thing.......yesterday when Sydnee got up to bat at softball, Grandma Boo yelled "this one's for Nonnie". Sydnee crushed a single and even got a "gold star" for her hit and good play throughout the game.

4 comments:

  1. Hello again! Another beautiful day in So. Cal. As Jeff's comments convey, Sydnee did a wonderful job for her team yesterday. I babysat last night. As I tucked Sydnee into bed, she assured me she would say her prayers to herself. Then, she said, "Grandma, remember that I got a hit for Nonnie today?" and then smiled that adorable smile. Additionally, Dustin played yesterday also and hit a 3-run RBI and landed on 3rd base. And, of course, threw a perfect out to lst from his 3rd base position.
    I promised Linda (Nelson) that I would convey her and Mike's prayers. You're on their minds everyday and wanted me to tell you that she's made several attempts to log onto the blog for commenting, to no avail. Said she'll send via pony mail.
    Have a wonderful visit with your friends today.
    Love and continued prayers...
    Kathi xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda & Omar!

    We just wanted to check in on this very warm weekend to say hello!

    It sounds like everything is going quite well, YES!!

    Dede and family said to tell you that you are in their daily prayers and their most loving thoughts.

    We want to get down there to see you sometime this week, so we will be in touch.

    Have a wonderful Sunday dear friends!

    Love, ~Kathy & Kenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, Just checking in, Mary said they had a nice visit with you today, and you enjoyed your gifts. Good, because I had fun checking it all out as we put it into the baskets...Sent you some American greetings on your home computer, I don't know if they are still there or not, maybe Lisa can check for you...Loved the photo of the boys tattoos, to cute... Keep getting better...xoxo Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cousin Linda,
    You are on my heart this morning. I will continue to pray for you along with all your friends and family.
    God's word for you today is "Do not fear, for I am with you;Do not anxiously about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
    Love, hugs, and prayer...Shirley

    ReplyDelete