Saturday, April 11, 2009

One Week Down

Nonnie was able to rest well last night knowing that Shannon and Brennen had returned home from Washington DC. Of course, I am sure that it did not have anything to do with Papa coming back to the hospital! Dr. De-Vos met with them today and he was able to share some preliminary information. The final results are not available yet, but for simplicity, try to put this information into 3 different categories: not favorable, favorable and very favorable. She is considered to be categorized in the "favorable" category (this is not a clinical term). As more information becomes available, we will give updates accordingly.

When Lisa and I walked into her room today, we could not believe the IV rack and pump she is connected to. She must drag this along with her wherever she goes. Yes, everywhere. Attached were IV fluids, antibiotics, platelets, chemotherapy and fresh blood. I equate it to a 4 star General that has just returned from war wearing his dress uniform jacket. The medals and pins are attached to commemorate the battles he has won. Her battle has just begun. 

5 comments:

  1. Dave and Linda: Today was wonderful to spend time with Dustin and Syndee. Started with Sydnee's dance class. She's the youngest & tiniest; but, she's the star! The only one that can do a hand stand; and now she has added spinning on her head! They were thrilled to have spend time with Baby Benjamin and took turns feeding him baby food. Both loved pushing him in the stroller. Cheech had a piano lesson. Sitting in the living room listening to the lesson caught me off guard when there were times I thought it was the instructor playing..only to find out it was Cheech! Gosh she's very good. I had dinner ready when Jeff and Lisa returned from your visit. The Easter eggs were dyed and cupcakes frosted. They are looking forward to seeing their Nonnie tomorrow. When Dustin hugged me good night, he said, "Love you, and Jesus loves you too". I had to bail before I bawled my eyes out. He is so wise! Have a blessed Easter. Keeping looking UP!
    Much love, Kathi xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Linda! I hope you enjoy seeing your kids and grandkids today. I am thinking about you all the time. Hey.... I better send you more lipstick! I think Jeff's comments are hilarious. What brand and shade?

    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings on Easter, Linda. I am sure that you have Nonnie's 5 and the rest of the clan with you for Easter. Love to all of you.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEAR Linda--Surprised to hear from me? Pam called me, of course, and alerted me to this blog and your situation. First things first: you are as beautiful as ever and I am certain from reading all the comments, you are as kind and sweet as ever, too. It sounds as though you have the most amazing support system--such a blessing. All that love coming back to you a hundred fold! I wish I could do something practical like Pam, but please know that you have been added to prayer chains here, in Florida (where my sister is), and Arizona (where my daughter is). You will never be far from my thoughts and prayers.
    Lucky UCLA to have you as their patient. Hope they realize what a gem you are! Much love from your long-lost friend, Leila
    PS MISSED you at the T&C Reunion and thoroughly enjoyed my time with your gorgeous Mike and his stunning Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda,

    Just wanted you to know that we are thinking about you!! Rusty saw Mike the other day so, he gave us an update on you. If there is anything you need or that we can do, please let us know!

    Your entire T&C Family is praying for you!

    Hugs & Kisses,
    Janet & Rusty

    ReplyDelete