Friday, April 10, 2009

Third And Final Round

Nonnie met with her doctor this morning and he was encouraged that her body is tolerating the chemotherapy treatment. Her white blood count (WBC) has gone down significantly this week, which means her risk for infection increases. She now must don a mask when going out for her daily walk. Yes, it is confirmed.... she did reapply her lipstick prior to putting on her mask. I guess that cute male doctor must have x-ray vision! 

When looking northwest from the 6th floor, you can see the Getty Museum. I am sure Papa will plan an adventure to visit it in person once Nonnie gets well. Pam and Bubbles are conducting a recon mission to find the perfect wig for Nonnie. They even went to her hair dresser to get the color matched. In the meanwhile, Lisa has ordered 2 hats that will be cute and comfortable to wear in a couple of weeks. She is going to take this look to a whole new level with her natural beauty. 

4 comments:

  1. Just think! You're almost 1/4 of the way to going home. Sounds like the leukemia is getting it's butt kicked! Jeff said he talked to you today and was so uplifted by hearing your voice and your upbeat attitude. He loves you like a mom...DUH! And, I'm very happy to share that spot in his heart with you. And, David too, of course. He is chomping at the bit to see you on Saturday if you are up to it. I told Jeffy that a good friend of mine is arranging a mass in your name. I'll be there. I believe it will be April 19. I'll keep you posted on that. In the meantime, know that I love you both and love that you get to be together during this time. Sounds like the room has a few of the comforts of home. Take care, sleep tight. Kathi xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a strong person with a positive attitude. YOU CAN BEAT THIS!!! Talked to Mom yesterday, and yes, the wig is her priority!!!! I hope you continue to do well each day and with the support of family and friends, you will progress even sooner. I am not sure I have EVER heard you complain about anything. I hope you rest well today. Love you,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, Just got the news from Pam. Strange thing is, we were in Roseburg, Oregon this past week and you were on my mind. What a wonderful family you have - lean on them for support and just concentrate on taking care of yourself. My prayers and love to both you and David.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dave, Linda & family:

    It has come as a shock to hear this news! What!? You are the picture of health. We have read each post and appreciate the time that has gone into this to keep us all updated.

    Our thoughts are with you and we are hoping and believing for the best.

    One thing I thought about as I read through the posts is to quit putting off my next blood donation, especially as I saw how it made you feel better to get blood. So, now I tell myself that I must do it now! The personal battle of a friend brings the importance of doing so forefront. I'll make it in this week. It's so important.

    Remember that...hope is grief's best music. We will continue to follow your progress and cling to the hope that your battle will be short-lived.

    Godspeed to you!

    ReplyDelete