Monday, April 27, 2009

Manic Monday

Today was perhaps the worst day for Nonnie since she has been in the hospital. She is feeling very tired and worn down from her 102 degree fever. The nurse has been giving her Tylenol to lower her temperature without success. She is unable to take Advil because of the risk of bleeding. If she does not break the fever by this afternoon, she will need to take an ice bath. The doctors are unsure where the source of the infection is coming from. The sores that she had late last week are healing, and her PICC line was cleaned and appears to be patent (open and unobstructed). 

In addition to her fever, Nonnie has felt nauseous throughout the entire day. You might ask yourself, "What else can a person handle"? Our favorite patient had to endure her second spinal tap followed by another chemotherapy treatment. If you recall, it seems that the last 2 Tuesdays were "feeling bad days". I hope and pray that Tuesday came on Monday this week, and that tomorrow will be a brighter day.


7 comments:

  1. Linda: Gosh darnit! I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling so great. God is on your team and he will help you fight with all His might. Thinking and praying for you continuously.
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your in my thoughts and prayers Linda, every day my girls ask how your doing, what the latest blog info had to say, hopefully tomorrow will be good news. Thank you for the phone message, it was such a nice suprise to hear your voice. I have new phones in the bedroom and kitchen, and haven't got them figured out yet. I didn't realize there was a message until a few days after you called.Thanks again... I'm glad you liked your baskets, lots and lots of people love you, and want you well and home... xoxo Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Linda!
    So sorry you had a bad Monday but that only means you will have great Tuesday! Only allowed 1 bad day each week ya know.

    Seriously dear friend, we pray for you and we know that God hears our prayers. He has sent a little guardian angel to you who is in charge of your care and she knows better than to fall down on the job.

    Stay strong and feel all the love of so many people who care so much about you.
    Love, ~Kathy & Kenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki, Brandon, Gracie and SamApril 28, 2009 at 8:52 AM

    Feel better Linda! We are all thinking about you! Be strong and fight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be a fighter Nonnie!! You are in our prayers everyday! We hope today is a much better day!
    We Love You -
    Marty, Rikki, Cade and Shelbi XOXXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Linda,
    Today is Tuesday and I am fervently hoping you are feeling better. I wondered if any of your nurses thought to give you very cold/icy cloths to your forehead, back of the neck, underarms, wrists and ankles? I used to do this for my patients with high fevers and it was both comforting and often successful. (I used it on Alex as well when he was little and had temperatures soaring to 105 on a regular basis. It worked!) Little tricks of the trade, I guess.
    Feel better, Linda. My sister and I have added you to the National Unity Prayer List--the more prayers the better, right?
    Love, Leila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda,

    I have had no Internet at home so I just checked your site at work to catch up on your progress. Shhhhhhhhhh! ;)

    I am so sorry to hear that you had a rough day on Monday. I am glad to hear that your sores are healing. Boy, you tackle whatever is given to you, that's for sure! I hope your fever calms down and you are feeling better soon. I am thinking about you all the time.
    Love, Diane
    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete