Thursday, April 9, 2009

Round Two

Nonnie had her second treatment last night and she is now 48 hours into the treatment. The anti-nausea medication I mentioned yesterday is working its wonders. Her platelet count has dropped from 24,000 to 11,000 which is expected at this point in the process. We are still awaiting the results of the detailed bone marrow tests.

One of her daily highlights is when she can take a bath. They give her a waterproof bag over her arm to avoid infection at the PICC line site. Her room was filled with lots of love today with visits from family members. Mike, Blaine and Kylie came with Derek, Tammy and Dylan (Shannon's brother and his family). Papa went home tonight to do some laundry and manicure his lawns. Lisa talked to him tonight and as you could imagine, he misses her terribly. She will be getting her third treatment tonight and hopes to get a good night sleep.

Nonnie loves to hear the comments from all of you (Lisa reads them to her daily or brings our laptop every other day for her to read). If you want to send her a card or letter, the address is:

Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
757 Westwood Plaza
C/O Linda Asam, Room 6113
Los Angeles, CA 90095

6 comments:

  1. I am so encouraged to read Jeff's words today. Knowing how much you love your family and friends, I can only imagine you were thrilled to see them. When Jeff and Lisa give me the go ahead, Kate and I would love to spend a few minutes with you.
    The pictures on this blog are wonderful. That is an adorable hat!. Continued prayers with love,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the address Jeff. She might need some good rest after all the mail she is going to get! She will need her own address post man for her only!

    Linda,
    I am glad you are not feeling sick from the meds!!! I have thought about you each and every day wishing there was something that I could do. All I can think of right now is to continue to write you notes and tell you how much you are loved and thought about. I am so happy that you have your wonderful family surrounding you with love and care. I love this blog - what a great thing Jeff has done. I know that people are reading it continually to hear the PROGRESS that you are making. Much love always,
    Diane Walker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi cousin Linda,
    I got a call from Betty this morning and I was so sorry to hear what you are going through!!!
    I will keep up with this blog. I'm grateful to have a way to keep in touch. Remember, you are so loved by all."I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.(Linda), Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.(Psalm 27:13-14 Our prayers and love, Al & Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linnie/Nonnie---40 years of getting used to "Linnie", now I have to switch to "Nonnie". What's with the hat???? I am on "wig" patrol as we speak. Bubbs is helping me. We have talked to "Cindy" and we got the color and we are finding out the best places. We have a great shop in Havasu, but I am hearing that I may need to go to Upland/Ontario. Never fear, it will be perfect---if I have to wear it myself. Jeff has done an incredible job on this blog. I read it more than once every day. I thought I would have to call Lisa and/or Jeff to figure out how to be a "follower", but hopefully I have done everything correctly. Now I need to get the "post a comment" down. Jack can't figure out how to "post" or "follow" either. Bubbs is going to help him. We love you. You look marvelous in your gown (like you wouldn't). We will all get the hang of the blog post/follow as soon as possible. Please, Jeff, don't start a "twitter". I definitely don't know what to do. Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you and wondering how you were this afternoon....:)
    Love,
    Diane

    P.S. Remember when I used to bug you in your office all the time - this blog kind of reminds me of that! I get to talk to you and write you all the time. When you retired, you never read your emails!!!!! I hope you had a restful sleep last night and are doing well this afternoon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trace and Dan Van SlykeApril 11, 2009 at 5:39 PM

    Dear Omar & Linda,

    We have been receiving regular updates from Kathy on how you are doing Linda and we have been keeping you both and your family in our hearts and prayers.

    I work at our local Community Cancer Center and if you ever need anything please let me know. I can be reached at 541-580-5554.

    "Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And he shall strenghten your heart; Psalms 27:14

    Trace and Dan Van Slyke

    ReplyDelete