Monday, April 20, 2009

A Message From Nonnie

As I lay here in my hospital bed this morning, I feel so overwhelmed by all of the outpouring of love and support by all of my family and friends. Lisa read aloud to me all of the comments over the past few days and it reduced me to tears thinking and missing each of you. Yesterday, Mike and Mary delivered these huge gift baskets filled the most fun and thoughtful gifts you could imagine! So many people were involved in putting this together including: Vickie, Janie, Charlotte, Ron and Brenda, Linda K. and of course Mike and Mary. It was like Christmas in April. All of the hospital staff and nurses kept coming by to see all of the goodies. Included were several pajamas, robes, Bath and Body sets, teapots, mugs, slippers, flip-flops, music CD's, socks, hats, games books and pencils, stationary and note cards to write on once I feel more energetic and so much more. This morning, I opened up the most beautiful silver necklace that has 100 tiny beads to signify 100 good wishes from Matt, Maria and Sofia Nelson. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for caring so much about me.

Love,

Linda, Linnie, Nonnie


5 comments:

  1. Is that make-up and lipstick that Linda is wearing in the picture? I thought Jeff might be kidding when he said she was wearing lipstick under her mask to go for a walk---guess not!!! Only our Linda. My thoughts are with you this afternoon. I have been thinking about the treatment all day. I pray they find nothing and you won't need another one of the spinal treatments. As always, I send my love and prayers to you and the entire Asam/Nelson clan. Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda:

    I was just reading what you wrote on this blog and I feel so happy for you for all of the love and support you are receiving from so many. It is so obvious why you have so many people caring so much about you. You are a real gem of a human being.

    Stay strong Linda, you will win this battle!
    Love, ~Kathy & Kenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,

    Thinking about you tonight and always!!

    Great pictures - you always look beautiful!!

    With Love,
    Rusty & Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Linda,

    I can't believe how good you look in the hospital. I loved reading your message that you typed. I am so happy that you have received so many kind words, gifts and cards. I hope you continue to get better each day! You are always on my mind.
    Love,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I copied your blog for Mother today and will take it home for her to ready tonight. We have been praying for you and will continue to pray for you. I will go into my office now and pray. You did great with Mother. Thank you. Prayerfully and with love,
    John T.

    ReplyDelete